A quality rail service requires proactive, timely and well-planned maintenance of rolling stock that can help reduce the risk of service disruption and prevent escalating costs.
We optimize maintenance regimes for our clients through the use of intelligence-led programmes. This approach makes best use of real-time diagnostic readings provided by fault detection and asset monitoring systems, coupled with the application of best practice RAMS (reliability, availability, maintainability and safety) techniques.
See also: Intelligent rail
How we can help
- Application of the latest maintenance models, including Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Integrated Logistics Services
- Sector-leading vehicle damage detection and diagnostic systems
- Fleet auditing services to monitor asset condition and defects, allowing proactive maintenance and repair
What are the benefits?
- Effective balancing of maintenance costs with fleet RAMS
- Tangible improvements in the operational reliability and availability of rolling stock, in most cases lowering overheads at the same time
- Reduced in-service delays, resulting in better patronage and improved financial performance
- Predictable performance at a known cost, achieved through cost-effective modifications and greater efficiency in the operating processes
- A major UK train operator needed front line support with real-time defect reporting to depots. We undertook in-service defect audits through vehicle inspection and discussion with train crews. Defects were entered into a bespoke database for onward transmittal to the maintenance teams before the vehicles completed their diagrams. This allowed the operator to instigate corrective action in a timely manner and enabled more effective management of the performance contract with the third party maintainer
- We provide daily inspection resources for a major UK train operator to record the condition of its train and station assets. A bespoke SQL database was developed for the storage, management and reporting of the recorded data. This enables the operator to report the condition of its train and station assets to its franchising authority on a regular basis, and helps ensure that passengers are presented with a clean and operational service
- We were commissioned by the largest train operating company in the Netherlands to participate in a project to improve the reliability of its operations. We developed a system to categorize malfunctions and devised and implemented a series of improvement programmes. Benefits of the project for our client included improved efficiency, reduced costs and increased passenger satisfaction