We offer support and advice to develop and implement strategic plans for traction and rolling stock that can help you meet your business needs.
Whether assisting to source an obsolete component, providing due diligence during the procurement process, optimizing entire maintenance regimes, or designing entirely new vehicles fit for service, we offer honest, realistic and cost-effective solutions.
How we can help
- Taking into account the related transport concession or service need, we asses if a transport concept is technically, organizationally and financially feasible, considering the choice of rolling stock
- Provision of financial, operational and technical due diligence support for clients interested in acquisitions of rolling stock
- Technical audits of maintenance and overhaul facilities
- Cost-benefit analysis of modifications and improvements
- Our continuous monitoring and analysis of the rolling stock market and developments in the wider transport sector make us a vital source of current technical and commercial knowledge
What are the benefits?
Informed input into the specification of concessions, providing realistic but challenging objectives.
Improved understanding and risk reduction in the application of design concepts.
Expertise in the lifecycle implications of strategic development plans, ultimately helping to improve the process of decision making.
- We proposed a business effectiveness programme for a freight operator, based on analysis of their personnel, track layout, and available locomotives and wagons
- We have undertaken various research and development projects for clients, including the investigation of technical and financial implications of fitting all-electric braking on traction and rolling stock and the use of sanders on multiple units
- We provided a vehicle manufacturer in Asia with advice, independent reviews and ongoing support regarding the protocol and requirements of an engineering submission to supply new vehicles to the European market
- We advised on a client's business case for fitting wireless internet on services operating throughout Europe — including the approval process within different European countries
- We investigated component defects and/or failures including Class 29000 flooring, Class 14X input splines, final drive failures, gearbox failures and broken cranks
- We conducted a cost-benefit analysis for a client to review the implications of implementing the fleet fitment of temperature measurement equipment on 14X units
- We provided financial, operational and technical due diligence support for our client's acquisition of new rolling stock and infrastructure for the Intercity Express Programme
- We supplied on-site technical support on major UK refurbishment projects, including Chiltern Mk3, Chiltern DVT and Tyne and Wear. Our experts were based at client sites and worked in accordance with their quality systems