Strategy management and implementation
Ricardo’s broad strategic consulting expertise, gained from extensive project work within the rail sector and in relevant fields of affiliated industries, enables us to effectively support companies on all levels of the rail value chain.
Ricardo Strategic Consulting has supported rail clients in a wide range of change projects, including acquisitions, post-merger integration, turnaround programmes and product quality.
Key Ricardo service areas
- Strategy development, including market research, product development and procurement strategy
- Merger and acquisition strategy development and support
- Supplier qualification, selection and management
- Production and logistics efficiency and cost optimization
- Technology development for maximum value enhancement
- Restructuring and reorganisation
- Focus on value-adding services, solving key industry issues on time
- Practical and realizable cost improvement — full support from analysis and assessment to delivery
- Strong track record of substantial cost reduction improvement
Reducing rolling stock production costs
Ricardo has value-enhancing capabilities in cost-down design, ranging from strategy consultancy to product development and production implementation. We work with major manufacturers and suppliers on a global basis and understand the precise needs of local markets, enabling us to offer high-integrity, effective solutions, which we support through to full implementation.
Optimized tender requirements specification and management
Ricardo has developed and successfully applies its own complex systems engineering tool set and processes in the specification and management of complex stakeholder requirements. These are used to optimize both public and private sector tendering processes. Proven and validated in US defence sector programmes, the benefits of this experience and tool set are ideally suited to focus the requirements — and hence optimize the costs — of complex rail sector tenders.
Key aspects of the Ricardo service:
- Complex systems engineering suite of tools, customized for each application and allowing multi-attribute design optimization
- Collaborative, real-time trade-offs based on quantitative, physics-based results
- Deployable in a wide range of engineering and management decision-making environments
- Enables closer attainment of critical requirements, increases effectiveness of tender and adherence to key cost and schedule requirements, whilst reducing cost and development times