Business analysis, advice, support and planning
We provide specialist advice for rail operators and infrastructure controllers around the world, helping them to ensure that their signalling and train control systems operate safely and efficiently throughout their lifecycle.
Our capabilities extend across all major trackside and onboard elements of a Control, Command and Signalling (CCS) system, and include a combination of hardware and software design development and analysis.
We have particular expertise in areas such as the interfaces between infrastructure and vehicles, the introduction of new technology such as ERTMS, and the ongoing maintenance of train control systems.
How we can help
- Advice on migrating legacy systems to ERTMS and CBTC
- Development of technical safety arguments and Safety Cases for modified technology
- Train control and automation (GoA 0 - GoA 4)
- Business planning support
- Feasibility analyses, tender preparation and contracting
- Signalling scheme development and specification preparation
- Advice on relay-based and solid state interlockings
- Application engineering for novel systems and equipment
- Engineering support for re-signalling schemes
- Signalling infrastructure condition assessment
- Asset management strategies
- Development of maintenance strategies and audits GSM-R communications