For those not confident with the authorisation process under both the European Interoperability Directive 2008/57/RC and 2016/797/EC, Independent Assurance can seem like a daunting, administrative task. Even when you are familiar with the process, having a complex system or interoperability constituent (IC) increases the risk to project success and delivery timescales. Our experience in delivering a wide range of projects in Europe and Asia means that we are well positioned to support your project.
Ricardo Certification is accredited in the European rail sector as a Notified Body (NoBo). We are an independent organisation accredited to provide conformity assessments of products and subsystems against the relevant requirements of both the European Interoperability Directive 2008/57/EC and 2016/797/EC.
We can work with you to help you understand the process at the very beginning for a “right first-time” approach.
We provide an experienced and proven approach to help our clients achieve the necessary Certificate of Conformity, deploying multi-disciplinary teams of specialists to compile the Technical File and offer constructive and objective feedback throughout.
Our UKAS accreditation under ISO EN 17065 covers all sub-systems and interoperable constituents:
- Infrastructure (including Persons of Reduced Mobility and Safety in Railway Tunnels)
- Control, command and signalling
- Rolling stock (including Wagon and Noise)
- Acting as a Notified Body (NoBo) to provide accredited certification for your project (including complex systems or products).
- Support during mobilisation to confirm the scope of work, assessment module(s) to be applied, the format for compliance evidence and the compliance record.
- Development of a compliance matrix using a unique online compliance tool that makes demonstrating compliance quick, easy and in real-time.
- Compilation of the Technical File for submission to the National Safety Authority or the European Union Agency for Railways.
- Uploads of relevant certificates to ERADIS (European Railway AgencyDatabase of Interoperability and Safety).
- Training courses for internal staff to allow them to understand the assurance process.
- Advice and guidance on post-Brexit potential processes.
Ricardo Certification is also accredited as a Designated Body (DeBo) and can carry out conformity assessment against local rules in the following countries:
- The United Kingdom
- The Netherlands
Elsewhere, we work with local organisations to provide the necessary services.
Post-Brexit, Ricardo Certification will continue to be accredited as a NoBo and will also be a UK Approved Body.