For those not confident with the authorisation process under both the European Interoperability Directive 2008/57/EC and 2016/797/EC, independent assurance can seem like a daunting, administrative task.
Even if you are familiar with the process, a complex system or an interoperability constituent increases the risk that your project will not meet your success criteria and delivery timescales.
Ricardo Certification is accredited in the European rail sector as a Notified Body (NoBo). We are an independent organisation accredited to provide conformity assessments of products and subsystems against the relevant requirements of both the European Interoperability Directive 2008/57/EC and 2016/797/EC.
Our experience in delivering a wide range of projects in Europe and Asia means that we are well positioned to support your project, wherever you are located.
'Right first time'
We offer an experienced and proven approach to help our clients achieve the necessary Certificate of Conformity, deploying multi-disciplinary teams of specialists to compile the technical file and offer constructive and objective feedback throughout.
Our UKAS accreditation under ISO EN 17065 covers all sub-systems and interoperable constituents:
- Infrastructure (including the Persons with Disabilities and with Reduced Mobility and the Safety in Railway Tunnels Technical Specifications for Interoperability)
- Control, command and signalling
- Rolling stock (including Wagon and Noise)
- Acting as a Notified Body (NoBo) to provide accredited certification for your project, including complex systems or products.
- Support during mobilisation to confirm the scope of work, assessment module(s) to be applied, the format for compliance evidence and the compliance record.
- Developing a compliance matrix using a tool unique to Ricardo Certification that makes demonstrating compliance quick, easy and able to be monitored in real-time.
- Compiling the technical file for submission to the National Safety Authority or the European Union Agency for Railways.
- Uploading relevant certificates to ERADIS (European Railway Agency Database of Interoperability and Safety).
- Delivering training courses for your staff to help them understand the assurance process.
- Providing advice and guidance on post-Brexit processes.
Ricardo Certification is also accredited as a Designated Body (DeBo) and can carry out conformity assessments against local rules in the following countries:
- The United Kingdom
- The Netherlands
Elsewhere, we work with local organisations to provide the necessary services.