For those not confident with the authorisation process under the European Interoperability Directive 2016/797/EC, independent assurance can seem like a daunting, administrative task.
Even if you are familiar with the process, a complex system or an interoperability constituent increases the risk that your project will not meet your success criteria and delivery timescales.
Ricardo Certification BV and Ricardo Certification Denmark ApS are accredited to ISO/IEC 17065 and provide European rail sector Notified Body (NoBo) services. Ricardo Certification Limited is also accredited and provides Approved Body services in the UK.
Our experience in delivering a wide range of projects in Europe and Asia means that we are well positioned to support your project, wherever you are located.
'Right first time'
We offer an experienced and proven approach to help our clients achieve the necessary authorisations, through compliance assessment and certification, deploying multi-disciplinary teams of specialists to compile the relevant assessment outputs and offer constructive and objective feedback throughout.
The accreditations to ISO/IEC 17065 of Ricardo Certification BV, Ricardo Certification Denmark ApS and Ricardo Certification Limited cover all relevant structural and transverse sub-systems and their defined interoperability constituents:
- Infrastructure (including the Persons with Disabilities and with Reduced Mobility and the Safety in Railway Tunnels Technical Specifications for Interoperability)
- Control, Command and Signalling
- Rolling stock (including Wagon and Noise)
These services are provided by the accredited bodies and include:
- Acting as a Notified Body (NoBo) to provide accredited certification for your project, including complex systems or products.
- Support during mobilisation to confirm the scope of work, assessment module(s) to be applied, the format for compliance evidence and the compliance record.
- Developing a compliance matrix using a tool unique to Ricardo Certification that makes demonstrating compliance quick, easy and monitored in real-time.
- Compiling the NoBo or DeBo file for submission to the National Safety Authority or the European Union Agency for Railways.
- Uploading relevant certificates to ERADIS (European Railway Agency Database of Interoperability and Safety).
- Delivering training courses to help your staff understand Notified Body, Designated Body and other relevant processes.
- Providing advice and guidance on post-Brexit processes.
Ricardo Certification companies that are accredited as a Certification Body to ISO/IEC 17065 are also appointed/recognised as a Designated Body (DeBo) and can carry out conformity assessments against national rules in the following countries:
- The United Kingdom, via Ricardo Certification Limited
- The Netherlands and Belgium, via Ricardo Certification BV
- Spain, via Ricardo Certification Iberia S.L
- Denmark, via Ricardo Certification Denmark ApS
Elsewhere, the relevant bodies can work with local organisations to provide the necessary services.