In most cases, we will conduct preliminary assessments to give all parties confidence that the product, system or process is likely to achieve certification.
This will usually be followed by audits, witnessing of tests and on-site inspections that typically follow a six-stage process towards approval:
- Agreement on the relevant standards and specifications that the verification will be performed against. We grant technical approval for generic products or generic applications.
- Review of the design data submitted by the producer to establish that the design complies with the specific standards and specifications.
- Witnessing type tests in accordance with a programme agreed between the producer to confirm compliance with the claimed performance.
- Audit of the design and production quality systems controlling the product.
- Review of application arrangements for more complex products including addressing characteristics, restrictions and dependencies.
- Issue of a technical report and approval certificate.