Testing of new vehicles or infrastructure is not just a technical challenge, there is also an important safety aspect to keep in mind. In many cases the objective of the tests is to prove that a vehicle can operate safely on the infrastructure.
Test programmes are often more complicated than normal train operations and extra precautions are needed to ensure that test runs are performed safely, especially if testing on infrastructure that is still in operation.
Working with various operators, we ensure that tests can be performed safely and under the required operational conditions. We do this by:
- Applying for a temporary authorisation at the NSA to perform the test programme
- Providing an Intermediate Statement of Verification (in case Ricardo is also appointed as NoBo and/or DeBo for the project)
- Creating specific risk assessments for each test
- Operational coordination with the responsible operator
- Supplying safety supervisors to monitor the safe operation during the test runs