A global leader in transmission and driveline technology and innovation
For many years our engineers have produced a wide range of transmission and driveline products, from advanced concept and demonstrator programmes through to fully developed and validated systems in series.
In each assignment we undertake, our high-level objectives are to deliver optimal performance and technology whilst ensuring reduced whole life costs and class-leading product reliability.
State-of-the-art analysis processes and techniques are used to optimize design, reduce risk and compress timescales, whilst our own proprietary software – informed by the latest analytical methods – is used to ensure precise performance modelling at every stage.
Where the market is unable to support the eventual optimised design, Ricardo’s in-house advanced manufacturing facilities are available to ensure the supply and production of high quality development components and to support functional and durability testing capabilities.
- Mechanical design and development of transmissions from advanced concept and demonstrator programmes through to fully developed and validated systems ready for production.
- Niche manufacture and assembly capability.
- Extensive benchmarking database of performance, design and cost attributes of recent innovations, including planetary automatics, CVTs, AMTs and both wet and dry dual clutch transmissions, to assist in the setting of new product development targets.
- Controls engineering to provide actuation, control algorithms and calibration for efficient, smooth and driver-friendly operation.
- Advanced geartrain modelling and analysis package SABR™, which provides the foundation of concept and definitive design on all of Ricardo’s applications, is also available for external license.
- Hybrid & battery technology systems development including power electronics, control systems and powertrain integration.