Our track and civil infrastructure teams are specialists in supporting infrastructure owners, track maintainers and service operators across the asset lifecycle, covering design, installation, condition monitoring, renewals, maintenance and incident investigation.
Services we can support you with includes:
- Vehicle-track interface measurements analysis and advice
- Ballasted and ballastless track form guidance
- Wheel and rail profile measurement and optimisation
- Noise and vibration mitigation
- Switches and crossings advice and optimisation
- Testing, validation and assurance of new, high-risk or novel designs
- Condition Marking Indexes for tunnels and bridges
- Technical support with rail structures and buildings management
- Expert witnesses for formal inquiries and investigation
In addition to technical oversight, we offer a range of independent assessment and engineering safety management services, such as Notified or Designated Body (NoBo or DeBo) certification. We can also develop safety cases in support of product approval applications.
Where appropriate, we ensure projects apply relevant safety approaches, such as the Common Safety Methods referenced by the 2004 EC Railway Safety Directive.