We provide advice and analysis to help our clients meet international fire safety standards and regulations.
Though territories typically apply national safety standards, Ricardo prides itself in researching and analysing global best practice to ensure manufacturers not only meet, but surpass, domestic requirements with a view to international markets.
We approach each assignment with the objective of delivering safe and comfortable environments for staff, passengers and the public at large, and can provide a wide range of specialist support such as:
- Development of Fire Engineering and Safety Strategy
- Risk assessment and analysis both for new build and refurbishment projects
- Production of Fire Engineering Plans (FEP)
- Fire resistant electrical cable systems
- Small medium and full-scale fire testing of rail cars and materials
- Fire resistance design and testing
- Fire detection and suppression
- Fire load and calculations for material selections, based on small-scale testing and “Duggan” calculation methods
- Forensic investigation of passenger train fires
- Research projects to gather data on fire development
- CFD modelling of rail car fires
- Fire Engineering Safety Case
- Fire Engineering training